John Deere with Bad Gas

Discuss Upgrades and Fixes

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Master Wheeler

John Deere with Bad Gas

Postby kesterkamp » Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 am

When I pulled all the old gas from the jeep I went ahead and put some in the lawn mower to try to get rid of it...

... Mowed the other day and you could tell the motor was missing so I planned to pull the gas back out and put new in.

Now after I finished mowing, it wouldn't start again. I drained the bad gass from the tank, lines, filter, and replaced the plugs. Still wont start.

I'm thinking it has to be something electrical, but the plugs are throwing sparks and when I spray starting fluid in it doesn't make a difference. Every now and the. It will spit, sputter and die, but for the most part it just sits and turns over with no signs of fire.

Anyone got any ideas???

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 4196 times
15 Buggy
88 Jeep Wrangler DAD'S
95 Jeep Cherokee DEAD
00 Ford F-250
03 Honda Accord

Stock Wheeler

Re: John Deere with Bad Gas

Postby gregorydb » Sun May 12, 2013 9:15 pm

That symtom sounds more like a safety interlock switch is killing the ignition. You said u have spark? Flooded? Check the plugs to see if wet from gas
01 GC Ltd Teraflex 4" Lift - SOLD
04 Rubicon 6in Clayton BFG 35's - Gone
09 Rubicon Stock

Master Wheeler

Re: John Deere with Bad Gas

Postby kesterkamp » Sun May 12, 2013 10:29 pm

We got it running again today... Not sure how we noticed it, but we had list compression in the right cylinder. Tore the head apart and the push rod was just laying on the inside and the valve was covered with buildup. Cleaned everything and put it back together and it started right up... Not charging very well now though... So fix one problem only to find/create another one.

Anyways I got the grass cut so the yard doesn't look like a hay field anymore!!!
15 Buggy
88 Jeep Wrangler DAD'S
95 Jeep Cherokee DEAD
00 Ford F-250
03 Honda Accord

Return to Tech Info