tube front fenders

Discuss Upgrades and Fixes

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Flexy Wheeler

tube front fenders

Postby dbach » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 pm

recently went from 33" tires to 35". took a sawsall to my front stock yj front fenders and cut out all i could .went to haspin to test them out and the front rubed bad.thinking about getting a set of tube fenders i have seen advertised . does any body know what the best brand to buy and best price and if this will solve my problem ? i really dont want to go to more lift with my springs.

Forum Moderator

Postby ANDY » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I bought the Gen-Rite ones from 4WD. They have a tube steel flare on them. They seem to bemade pretty well. Poison Spider makes some really nice ones also.
________
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)

Master Wheeler

Postby spaulman » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:23 pm

ANDY wrote:I bought the Gen-Rite ones from 4WD. They have a tube steel flare on them. They seem to bemade pretty well. Poison Spider makes some really nice ones also.

You mean Poison Spyder made nice tube fenders. They are now only making wheels and chassis.

Here is the statement (down at the moment)
http://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php ... index.php4

What is going with Poison Spyder Customs
It has been rumored that Poison Spyder was closing, having problems or just reorganizing. I recently addressed some of this on the boards, if you read closely you would have caught that I was contemplating another direction at that time. I have entertained a change for over a year now and finally pulled the trigger. I'am closing Poison Spyder customs down in it's current form, as a full manufacturer.

(lots of good history and background - go read the link)

So what is to become of Poison Spyder customs? AJ, our daughter, two dogs and I are moving to Luckenbach Texas... well not in a literal sense. However we are going to re-open the first week of November in our new shop. We are leaving behind the tasking dynamics of a large business, staff and burdens that have grown with us over the years. Going back in time to a shop only a hundred yards from my second shop off of Titan court. Our foundation being the Spyderlock bead lock line, of which I am excited to focus and expand on. Further, after AJ and I get reorganized I will return to building Rock rods, custom machines and trail guiding. We greatly appreciate your patronage of Poison Spyder customs, and look forward to reacquainting with everyone under our new direction.
Clifton and AJ Slay
Scott Paulman
Lebanon, OH

46 CJ2A #18172
96 XJ Sport
13 JK Unlimited Rubi

Return to Tech Info