Deka Intimidator Battery

Discuss Upgrades and Fixes

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Forum Moderator

Deka Intimidator Battery

Postby broncomarc » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Anyone had any experience with a Deka Intimidator Battery? I had Autozone test my alternator and Optima. The alternator tested good, but the Optima reported 'charge and test again', when I had charged it overnight.

I've heard a lot of bad things about Optima recently, so I went searching for an alternative. I came across the Deka Intimidator Battery. It sounds pretty good and it's cheaper than Optimas. I ordered one today and it was $125 shipped.
- Marc Reiter
1973 Bronco - http://www.broncomarc.com/bronco/

|_________
| /| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L O-====-O
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)

Master Wheeler

Postby kesterkamp » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:38 am

yeah... ive heard some things recently with the optimas. that they arent using the same amount of lead in the packs as they were before.

the company sold out i think a few years ago and i think ever since the product has not been up to the same levels.

i have been thinking of just getting some generic marine battery for the cranking amps.

just my .02 :biggrin:
15 Buggy
88 Jeep Wrangler DAD'S
95 Jeep Cherokee DEAD
00 Ford F-250
03 Honda Accord

Forum Moderator

Postby ANDY » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:49 pm

I gave up on Optima this year. I had all those starting issues that were just my less than a year old Optima. Took it back to Costco, got my money back and bought a Durlaast from Autozone for now. Let us know how it works Marc.
________
/| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)

Return to Tech Info