TJ Upgrades Help

Discuss Upgrades and Fixes

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Wantabe Wheeler

TJ Upgrades Help

Postby Bluemoon » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:53 pm

Just purchased and received the following upgrades
Pertronix Black 3.0 OHM Flame Thrower Coil - Im guessing i located the stock coil (wire running from distributor cap to it), but the connections and bracket dont seem to line up. Thinking i shouldnt have got this at this point as im a noob and dont know how to install. The instructions seem to think that i already know as they not much help.

Helix Power Tower Throttle Body Spacer - Installed the Throttle Body spacer but when goto install the cylinder spacers under the linkage assy plate , it doesnt line up as ther something in the way (looks like some kind of air metal tube that runs along the valve cover about 1" gerth) So just reconnected the linkage assy using stock bolts and no spacer. WTH am i doing wrong here? Seems to work like this but will it continue?

JET Powertech Stage 1 Performance Chip - Installed, but was a tuff little booger to snap in and clip. whew

JKS Adjustable Quick Disconnects - Havent got to these yet but cant wait, they look so cool.

Any help would be mucho appreciated...

Forum Moderator

Postby broncomarc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:01 pm

The coil doesn't need to be mounted in any specific way. Just mount it anywhere you can where it will be secure and the wires will reach then hook it up the same way as the current coil.

I can't help with the rest...
- Marc Reiter
1973 Bronco - http://www.broncomarc.com/bronco/

|_________
| /| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L O-====-O
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)

Wantabe Wheeler

Postby Bluemoon » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:25 pm

Whew, i had a very difficult last 3 months since this last post. Was diagnosed with a digestive disease called Ulcerative Colitis and spent alot of time in the hospital. Not fun. Havent had time to work on my jeep, still have to put on my disconnects but dont have a Ball Joint Separator Pickle Fork tool to pull off the existing disconnect from the sway bar. Cheapest i saw was $40 at Sears for a kit. I did however discover that the on the throttle body spacer dont have to install the cylinder spacers under the linkage assy plate as this doesnt apply to my Jeep model. Since i installed the throttle body spacer and performance chip, have seen a little better gas mileage and a little torque/hp increase (can go uphill in 3rd gear a little quicker now). Not enough to get excited but it is a 4banger on 33" Buckshots. Just cant wait until next spring as im hoping for a Dana44 and Lockers (pending wife approval). Happy Holidays to everyone.....

Brian

Extreme Wheeler

Postby garyjeep » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:43 pm

Try Advance Auto Parts They rent tools, and when you return it you get your money back.
Gary
Retired - everyday is Saturday to me! (But I miss payday!)

Forum Moderator

Postby broncomarc » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:52 pm

I thought a basic pickle fork was 10 or 15 buck at most auto parts stores.

Yep.. Just looked it up.. $10 at Autozone. For that price it's not even worth the drive back to the store to return a rental. :-)

http://www.autozone.com/R,NONAPP1175/st ... Detail.htm
- Marc Reiter
1973 Bronco - http://www.broncomarc.com/bronco/

|_________
| /| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L O-====-O
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)

Wantabe Wheeler

Postby Bluemoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Thanks guys! you rock :biggrin:
Im going to pick one up this weekend

Return to Tech Info